UPDATE: COVID-19 Safety Protocol
As an optical medical organization, the health of you, our patients, and staff is our priority as we get back to helping your optical needs.
We wanted to take the time to let you know the precautions we are taking to ensure all of our safety.
What We Ask of You:
- All patients are asked to wear a mask while in our office. We will ask you to step outside if you do not have a mask. Please understand this is to ensure everyone's safety.
- All patients must sanitize their hands upon entering our office.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone that may have been exposed, we ask you to stay home at this time.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or limit who comes with you on a need-only basis so that we may adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines. Please make sure those with you, including children, have a face mask upon entering.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside or in their vehicle, unless their assistance is needed. Please make sure they also have a face mask.
- Upon your arrival, if we cannot observe social distancing due to other patients in the location, we ask that you wait outside and we will call you when ready for your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for an eye exam, we will be taking your temperature in order to proceed with the doctor. If you feel uncomfortable with this or have a temperature of 100.2 or higher, we will be happy to reschedule your exam.
What We Are Doing For Your Safety:
- We have limited the number of exams to allow time to thoroughly clean the room and equipment between every patient.
- We revised our patient intake process to allow less physical transfer of information.
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival for exams.
- Masks have been given to all employees. Masks will be worn by EVERYONE in the office at all times.
- We will sanitize our stations and hands after every patient interaction.
- Sanitization stations have been set up for all frames that have been tried on. We will sanitize each frame.
- We have placed breath guards around the office to help keep all healthy.
- Our office is deeply cleaned daily along with other frequent cleaning throughout the day.
We will continue to monitor State & CDC guidelines and make changes when necessary to ensure the safety and health of everyone here & visiting Rochester Optical.
Fill Out The Form Below To Schedule An Eye Exam
With friendly staff, professional optometrists, convenient eye exams, exceptional service, and quality products, our retail store on Lyell Avenue provides a variety of options to meet the optical needs of you and your family. As one of the few remaining US optical labs and eyeglasses frame manufacturers, we enjoy selling our Rochester-born products alongside many designer brands. Whether you need a regular eye exam, evaluation of pain or concerning symptoms, a contact lens fitting, or new eyeglasses, Rochester Optical is here to help you achieve clear, comfortable vision.
Lyell Retail Store
1260 Lyell Ave. Rochester, NY 14606
Mon Tues, Wed - 9am to 5:30pm
Thurs - 9am to 6pm
Fri - 9am to 4pm
Sat - CLOSED
Sun - CLOSED