UPDATE: COVID-19 Safety Protocol
As an optical and medical organization, the health of you, our patients, and our employees is Rochester Optical's top priority as we reopen and get back to helping you with your optical needs.
We wanted to take the time to let you know the precautions we are taking to ensure everyone's safety.
What We Ask of You:
- All patients are asked to wear a mask while in our office. We will ask you to step outside if you do not have a mask. Please understand this is to ensure everyone's safety.
- All patients must sanitize their hands upon entering our office.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone that may have been exposed, we ask you to stay home at this time.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or limit who comes with you on a need-only basis so that we may adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines. Please make sure those with you, including children, have a face mask upon entering.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside or in their vehicle, unless their assistance is needed. Please make sure they also have a face mask.
- Upon your arrival, if we cannot observe social distancing due to other patients in the location, we ask that you wait outside and we will call you when ready for your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for an eye exam, we will be taking your temperature in order to proceed with the doctor. If you feel uncomfortable with this or have a temperature of 100.2 or higher, we will be happy to reschedule your exam.
What We Are Doing:
- We have limited the number of exams to allow time to thoroughly clean the room and equipment between every patient.
- We revised our patient intake process to allow less physical transfer of information.
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival for exams.
- Masks have been given to all employees. Masks will be worn by EVERYONE in the office at all times.
- We will sanitize our stations and hands after every patient interaction.
- Sanitization stations have been set up for all frames that have been tried on. We will sanitize each frame.
- We have placed breath guards around the office to help keep all healthy.
- Our office is deeply cleaned daily along with other frequent cleanings throughout the day.
We will continue to monitor State & CDC guidelines and make changes if necessary to ensure the health of all here and visiting Rochester Optical.
Our Optometry Practice And Retail Store
Welcome to Rochester Optical! Located on Lyell Avenue, our eye care center has been serving residents of the Rochester area since 2001 by providing comprehensive eye exams, contact lenses, eyeglasses, prescription sunglasses, and everything you need to keep your eyes healthy and vision clear. Stop by to meet our friendly optometry team and browse our glasses frames, many of which are manufactured by our own optical lab right here in Rochester! We also offer a selection of popular designer frames, so you can find the style that lets you feel confident and see clearly.
Schedule An Eye Exam
If you’re experiencing vision problems or your eyes are bothering you, it’s time to make an appointment with one of our eye doctors. Left untreated, many seemingly mild eye issues can worsen and even cause permanent damage or loss of vision. Rochester Optical has a variety of flexible eye care options that you can take advantage of at little or no cost to you! Click the button below to schedule an eye exam with one of our friendly optometrists!
Shop For Eyeglasses
Rochester Optical offers a wide selection of basic and designer frames to fit your style. We even locally manufacture many of our eyewear options in our state-of-the-art optical lab! Our opticians would love to help you pick out the perfect pair of glasses that let you see clearly and feel confident with your new look. Drop in and explore our retail store today!
Order Contact Lenses
Interested in switching to contact lenses or need to order more? Our friendly staff at Rochester Optical is happy to help schedule you for a fitting or place your order. If you’re interested in learning more about choosing between eyeglasses and contacts, check out our resource page on the topic.
Why Patients Love Rochester Optical
Lyell Retail Store
1260 Lyell Ave. Rochester, NY 14606
Mon, Tues, Wed: 9 am - 5:30 pm
Thurs: 9 am - 6 pm
Fri: 9 am - 4 pm